I’m pretty excited about this blog- it’s my first.
I hadn’t spent much time hanging out with my computer until I broke my ankle on St. Patrick’s Day. I’m working on a better story- in reality, I broke it while warming up before a roller derby bout in Pittsburgh.
Right now my movement is limited (and my job is kaput). To entertain myself, I made a list of small goals I’d like to accomplish in the near future. Hopefully, this blog can help me achieve them. It’s not the sole purpose of the blog, but I’m hoping that having an audience (even a pretend one) will keep me motivated.
My wee goals include:
- design a few knitting patterns
- learn to tat
- begin a children’s book
- keep up with exercises, so I don’t lose my derby muscles (I’ve been a bit lazy…)
- frequent baking of dessert foods
- knit more items for charity (like a Mother Bear!)
- finish the cross-stitch I’ve been working on for 8,000 years
- deplete my pile of clothes to be altered (it’s massive!)
- learn to spin wool into something that resembles yarn, maybe
- make up a drinking game for “Walker, Texas Ranger”
- sew & knit cute derby clothing
- watch every episode of my favorite shows (I need something to do while knitting.)
- create silly (but useful) presents for the passel of new babies my friends will be having soon
And that is it for now.
Have a great night!